We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
‘Personal data’ is information, or a combination of pieces of information, that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
who we are
Andros Research Center is a Not-for-Profit Organisation based on the island of Andros, Greece. Our mission is to protect and preserve the nature and landscape of Andros and to promote sustainable tourism on the island.
Our website address is https://androsresearchcenter.org.
how to contact us
By mail at:
Andros Research Center
By email at:
What personal data we collect
Purpose – Why we Collect it
Data – What we collect
Enquiring about our organisation and its work via Contact Forms
Name, email, message
Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
Subscribing to our email newsletter for updates about our work
Name, email, newsletter language preference, residential status, i.e. are you an Andros resident
Consent – you have given your active consent.
Making a donation. to process donations made
Name, email, address, payment information
Legitimate interests – this information is necessary for us to fulfil your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.
How do we collect your data
We collect your data when you:
- Complete a contact form
- Subscribe to an email newsletter
- voluntarily complete a survey, poll or provide feedback on any news or blog post.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected.
how long do we keep your personal data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously. We only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required. However, we may keep your personal data indefinitely or until you ask us to remove it.
cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device, which enables our website to identify your computer or device as you view our website pages. Cookies allow websites to store your preferences and track how websites are used. Cookies are used by many websites and can do several things, e.g. remembering your preferences or counting the number of people looking at a website.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognise when you return to our website
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf. (See our list of service partners below)
- we are required by law to share your data.
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketing companies.
Our service partners (third parties)
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
- 34sp.com Ltd., who host this website.
- The WordPress Foundation who provide the open-source WordPress GPL software (and associated add-ons) we use to manage the content of this website.
- Google LLC, we use their Google Drive service, and their Google Analytics service to measure the performance of this website.
what rights you have over your data
If you have provided personal data to this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You may also have the right to data portability.
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time, and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
This policy was last updated in August 2022.